Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

How decks shuffle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 7:47 pm

I've noticed personally that some decks shuffle really well and others shuffle like sh*t. A deck that reads really well, shuffles badly, and because of that, I don't want to use it that much. I find it's too much like hard work because the shuffling doesn't "flow" well and cards keep shooting out. Shuffling to me is almost a meditation and plays an important part in the reading process.

Quite often cheap decks can shuffle effortlessly, yet more expensive decks are hard work shuffling. Some designers opt for larger, thick card stock which makes shuffling difficult.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Back to top Go down

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: Re: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:36 am

Oh yes! The Light Seer is really difficult to shuffle for me. Maybe that is why I have switched to another deck. No matter how I try to shuffle this deck, it drives me insane. But I love the deck. I think I am going to explore and find a way that does work for me to shuffle this deck.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: Re: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:53 am

I'm so glad it's not just me. I hate when I can't get a good flow shuffling! I think that should be a prerequisite when authors design decks.
Back to top Go down

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: Re: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 7:17 am

The deck works well when I divide the deck in 4 small parts and then shuffle each part. It takes longer but it give me a change to really connect with the reading and shuffling.I actually feel the magic of this deck. I find it amazing that I put the cards aside not really knowing why. Your thread made me take a different approach and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: Re: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 7:36 am

Glad to hear something's working for you. I'll have to experiment. It's such a shame not to use a deck I like because it doesn't shuffle well.
Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: Re: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 9:38 am

I have small hands. Kinda cursed. I shuffle side ways.I think its called over hand shuffle

This is a form of shuffling I learned about. You basically make a spread on the table in a circle form and intuitively pick out one.

I agree about expensive decks. The deck The Moon Child Tarot - paid like 70 usd,  the hardest deck for me to shuffle. Very very thick.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: Re: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 10:49 am

I tried that shuffle with the Light Seer deck and although I can't shuffle the whole deck sideways, if I split the deck in two I can. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How decks shuffle Empty
PostSubject: Re: How decks shuffle   How decks shuffle Empty

Back to top Go down

How decks shuffle
Page 1 of 1