Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Reading with two decks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

Reading with two decks Empty
PostSubject: Reading with two decks   Reading with two decks EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 am

I found this technique from an excerpt from the book "Tarot Experience". I hope my explanation isn't too confusing.

Using one deck, you separate the Majors and shuffle them, drawing three cards. These cards represent an area of your life.

You then use another full deck and draw one card for each card you drew for the area of your life.

Using Victorian Fairy Tarot by Lunaea Weatherstone, I drew The Worlds, The Magistrate and The Fairy Bride, which I defined to represent "an end of a major life cycle", "consequences" and "love".

Then using Tales of the Mystical Cats by Lunaea Weatherstone, I drew The Empress for the position of "end of a major life cycle", 4 of Sky for the position of "consequences"  and 9 of Earth for the position of "love".

Thus, The Worlds + The Empress, The Magistrate + 4 of Sky, The Fairy Bride + 9 of Earth.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My brief interpretation is below, to give an idea of how this technique works.

The end of a major life cycle concerns my role as mother and the indication that was, is now no more. It is time to move on in another direction. This is particularly interesting, having sold my house today I'm trying to work out where to go and in what direction my life should take. Should I move near my son? Should I look for a property that my son and daughter-in-law would be able to live in as well, should I disregard them and think only of myself, etc.

Consequences with 4 of Sky indicates the need to take time out and think very, very carefully before taking any action, as there will be significant consequences for whatever action I do take. Especially moving on to another phase of life, it is important to recharge the mental batteries and prepare myself for the next chapter.

9 of Earth in the position of Love, tells me that I need to remember that I don't need to have a partner in my life. I am capable of making it on my own, of being independent and self-sufficient, able to create a life that is financially secure and rewarding, without needing an important "other".

Quite an interesting concept. I'm sure this would work with just one deck as well.

Last edited by Pandora on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Reading with two decks   Reading with two decks EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 11:41 pm

I like it. 
I'll give it a try tomorrow as I'm free all day (yayyy).
Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Reading with two decks   Reading with two decks EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 11:49 pm

You lucky devil, you!

I will be interested to see how you go with the spread. I've reinstated the picture, after accidentally deleting it.
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Reading with two decks   Reading with two decks EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 am

Excellent.
You do realise it will take me all day to decide on which decks to use. 🤣
This is similar to how I use tarot and oracle decks together.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Reading with two decks   Reading with two decks EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 5:56 am

Hahahaha! I can't wait to see what you use.

I'll have to have a stab at using an oracle deck with a tarot deck, though I haven't found the type of spread I want to use yet.
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Reading with two decks   Reading with two decks EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 am

I decided on Tarot of Dreams and Legacy of the Divine, both by Ciro Marchetti.
They work well together because the art style is the same.

So I just asked the cards for a general overview of where I am, in life.
I drew Strength, The Sun, Temperance from Tarot of Dreams
So I interpreted these as self acceptance, happiness and what I have got right.
I then drew King of Wands, Fool, 9 of Swords from Legacy of the Divine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Where my self confidence sit, looks pretty good, I actually attract others because of my confidence. I'm a hands on person and can find creative solutions to issues (which is why people are drawn to me). I don't expect anyone to do something I won't do myself. I can be prone to, ahem....artistic temperament  (yes I can throw a diva fit when I feel it's called for 😆), but overall I'm very confident in what I can and cannot do.

My happiness is something that isn't dependent on experiences, I've come to realise that more as I get older. I'm pretty much happy with just being alive. Even the risk of a pitfall doesn't deter me. I'm happy to just inhabit the space I'm in. There is also the foolish aspect of The Fool to my nature, in that, if someone is feeling low I will do something to try and get a smile out of them (smiling actually alters the brain's chemicals) and if that means making myself look silly, then that's fine by me.

What am I getting right? Well I don't tear myself up over things that haven't happened yet. Of course I still have stresses and worries, who doesn't, but I'm learning to be less fear driven. I also think I'm more able to look at things and work out if I could be taking preventative measures or if there is any action I could take that diverts an issue.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading with two decks   Reading with two decks Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading with two decks
Page 1 of 1