Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  Empty
PostSubject: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Hello.

I am going to need a little perspective hear understanding the 7 of swords in this reading ( 1st row). I was given a picture today of
my Great Grandmother. It was the first time I have ever seen an image of her. I decided to do a reading of the picture (with the intent of NOT channeling her) but just asking very generally, who was she? See, they never talked about her because she died young. A little detail about her:

-Came as an immigrant from Spain in the 1920's
-Teen pregnancy from unknown male ( My Grandfather was born)
-Died very young age from flu illness.

From the physical picture of her, she looks like a beautiful, young wide eye girl, but not a dainty one for her times, there is a smart stare in her eye that not conventional.  Thats all I got from the picture. The 7 of swords has a bit of a negative connotation for me, almost like a naughtiness to it. Thoughts anyone? Ten of pentacles and the 7 together. Hmm. Thievery of some sort comes to mind but of course, I don't want to think about her that way lol, but being a young immigrant I can imagine there is so much hustling and hurdles one has to jump in a very cruel world. Do you think thats what the 7 means here, or is there something deeper I am missing?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lots of  sword energy from her. The second question i asked, " what generational gifts did she leave behind for us in our DNA"?

I got Queen of Swords, Ace of Wands & three of pentacles.My grandfather was a no nonsense ashiest man. So lots of tough skin for one.
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:23 pm

I would say she did what she needed to, to survive.
As the 7 of Swords shows 2 swords left behind, I think she took only what she needed, she wasn't profiteering or taking from those who could not spare it.  7 of Swords can suggest dishonesty, but it's also tactical. 

The interesting part is the imagery, the people in the 10 of Coins all have their backs towards us, the figure in 7 of Swords is seeing this as an opportunity, and making off  with the goodies while they're not looking.

There's a sense of 'making off with the left overs', not so much 'theft' as utilising the unwanted/not needed excess. I'm feeling it's more like one man's trash is another man's treasure (if that makes sense). Unwanted or discarded clothing, food that was to be disposed of.

The 8 of Cups suggests it was never a long term thing, it was only until the opportunity came along to not have to do, whatever it was, anymore.

I think it kind of makes her a badass, a strong woman who was going to survive in the world st all costs.

Her legacy to you.....
You're a badass too. Strong, independent, able to speak your own mind, have the ability to create what you want from life and not afraid dig in and do the work. 

My great grandmother was a total badass too......and I'm just sorry I never got to meet her.

Goldustwoman and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 pm

When I saw the 7 of Swords and the 8 of Cups both flanking the 10 of Pentacles, I wondered if she had to leave to have the baby. Back in those days, there was a lot of shame involved in teenage pregnancies, and it wasn't uncommon for the family to send the pregnant relative away to save embarrassment.

55Degrees likes this post

Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Fantastic interpretation, 55.

Yes, I learned from you about 7 being 'tactical'.

Interesting comment on 'another mans treasure'. With the limited information I have. She was a single mom who eventually married  in her twenties before she died. I think about a man taking in a single mom in those times.  

Makes me wonder about those times.  I visited a historic missionary church here in California where the Spanish settled back in the 1800's ( with other European groups). There was a huge house where they kept unmarried woman. It was a dormitory of unwed and widowed. Makes me think of her marriage to this man was tactical for survival.  

55Degrees wrote:

I think it kind of makes her a badass, a strong woman who was going to survive in the world st all costs.

Her legacy to you.....
You're a badass too. Strong, independent, able to speak your own mind, have the ability to create what you want from life and not afraid dig in and do the work. 

My great grandmother was a total badass too......and I'm just sorry I never got to meet her.

Wow, totally felt this message/energy come through with your content. Almost got a little teary eye.

My mom sent me so many photos of all the grandparents, and she is the only one I felt a strong connection to.

Last edited by Foxlikestoplay on Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Pandora wrote:
When I saw the 7 of Swords and the 8 of Cups both flanking the 10 of Pentacles, I wondered if she had to leave to have the baby. Back in those days, there was a lot of shame involved in teenage pregnancies,  and it wasn't uncommon for the family to send the pregnant relative away to save embarrassment.

Good observation and I somewhat mentioned that in the post above. She married someone. Being Spanish there is strong cultural and religious norms there. I can imagine there was A LOT of shame, and also in those times, a man taking in a single mom, What did she have to settle or accept? Choices for women in the 1920's where already limited as is.

She died when my grandfather was only 8-9 years old. He has very limited to none information about her. Was my grandfather a product of a relationship or rape? We will never know. That is a good question if she was removed from the home. She eventually married. She had two daughters that my grandfather calls his 'step sisters' but we can neither confirm or deny if they were his real biological sisters. Cool fact, I was named after one of the daughters. My grandfather told us that the step father was very abusive to him so he moved out of the home when he was 13, when he was able to work and get a job and take care of himself.

Thanks ladies for the feedback. My family never talks about her. I saw a picture for the first time yesterday.  I am going to make a big picture print and honor her. I hope to have made her proud. Smile

55Degrees and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 5:33 pm

I think she would appreciate being honoured in such a way. Have you tried connecting with her through tarot to see if she has a message for you.

My great grandmother's photo sits in a decorative frame on my bookshelf. It was taken when she was a chorus girl in the late 1890's (chorus girls were seen as lowly as prostitutes in the UK at that time).

She got married and after the birth of my grandmother and her brother got divorced in 1910  (scandalous!!!). She became a housekeeper for her boss and had a child (out of wedlock) with him. So honestly.....I love this woman for her non-conformist ways and her determination to live life without caring what others thought of her in a time when women couldn't even vote in the UK.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 2:58 pm

55Degrees wrote:
I think she would appreciate being honoured in such a way. Have you tried connecting with her through tarot to see if she has a message for you.

My great grandmother's photo sits in a decorative frame on my bookshelf. It was taken when she was a chorus girl in the late 1890's (chorus girls were seen as lowly as prostitutes in the UK at that time).

She got married and after the birth of my grandmother and her brother got divorced in 1910  (scandalous!!!). She became a housekeeper for her boss and had a child (out of wedlock) with him. So honestly.....I love this woman for her non-conformist ways and her determination to live life without caring what others thought of her in a time when women couldn't even vote in the UK.

Awesome & interesting background story. I so fascinated with history.

A divorce in 1910? Sheesh, she wasn't playin'! That is very bold in those times.

Cheers to our ancestors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords    Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords  Empty

Back to top Go down

Interpreting Reading - 7 of swords
Page 1 of 1