Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

How do you prepare for a reading?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

How do you prepare for a reading? Empty
PostSubject: How do you prepare for a reading?   How do you prepare for a reading? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 12:18 am

I'm wondering how people preparing for a reading as far as doing any specific rituals?

When I first started learning Tarot I did all sorts of rituals, lighting candles, saying prayers, etc. Now, probably because I'm lazy, I tend to take a couple of breaths and throw down the cards. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty and think I should make more effort.

How involved do others get in preparation?

55Degrees and Goldustwoman like this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: How do you prepare for a reading?   How do you prepare for a reading? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:19 am

Me, a cup of coffee,  a cigarette, shut my eyes and take couple of long, slow, deep breaths, then shuffle, draw, read.
I will admit I jokingly sometimes say 'ok guides. ....get ya selves in here, we've got coffee'.

I do think it depends on what people have read or who's videos they watch that gives them their beliefs about preparing for a reading.

I'm like you, I just got to the stage where it felt as though the preparation took longer than the reading. I rarely (if ever) cleanse a deck either. 

I did believe all the ritual prep when I first started, however I soon learned that it wasn't necessary. 

A couple of deep breaths grounds me perfectly fine.

Goldustwoman and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: How do you prepare for a reading?   How do you prepare for a reading? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:34 am

A woman after my own heart! Thanks 55Degrees. Glad I'm not the only one whose ritual involves coffee or a decent Yorkshire Tea, a cigarette and a couple of deep breaths! I don't feel guilty now lol!

55Degrees and Goldustwoman like this post

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: How do you prepare for a reading?   How do you prepare for a reading? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am

LOL well like you ladies I am the same, I will have a cigarette, as I am doing so will ask AA Michael and my spirit guides to watch over the reading asking for the highest and of all good, then I precede with the reading.

When I first started out I used to light a candle, light an incense stick, have a small tumbler of water and a stone all the elements on my table cloth, now I don't tend to bother, I do like to keep my clear quartz crystal in my bag with the deck of cards.

55Degrees and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you prepare for a reading?   How do you prepare for a reading? EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:33 pm

I like to keep things as simple as possible but I did want to 'throw' something out in the Universe before a reading.

I light a candle and start shuffling the cards concentrating on that task.
Then while I choose the cards and lay them down in front of me I say:

World Above
World Below
Energy come
Energy flow
Let magic show
What I need to know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you prepare for a reading?   How do you prepare for a reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you prepare for a reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tarot Overflow :: Tarot :: Tarot Talk-
Jump to: