Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Advice Reading

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 9:51 am

This is a good three card spread to practice interpreting cards for advice. As everyone most probably knows, all the cards have both positive and negative meanings and everything in between. Sometimes it can be difficult to think of what a card means for advice, especially if it is more prone to being negative, like for example the 9 of Swords, The Tower, 5 of Cups, etc. I think this is especially important if you choose not to read reversals.

As this spread is about how you are feeling at the present time, it is a spread you can do as frequently as daily, as our moods always change, or weekly, monthly or whenever you feel you need some advice.

It is also a good spread to "validate" your progress with reading the Tarot, as you should be able to identify with the first card and the advice should also make sense in context with the first card.

The first card is about how you are feeling at the present time.

Cards 2 and 3 represent advice you can take.

As always, if you wish to use a quint or read the bottom card, it is entirely up to the individual readers.

Credit for the spread: Maddy Elruna.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 10:10 am

Rider Waite

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How I'm feeling: The Fool

Advice: 5 of Cups + The Emperor

Bottom card: Death

I can certainly relate to The Fool at the moment, as I'm about to embark on a completely new life. I was drawn to the dog, who looks like he's trying to warn The Fool before he leaps over the cliff. Whilst I'm excited to make a new start, I'm also cautious and a bit nervous about it, in case it all goes pear shaped. So yes, this card makes sense. I'm excited but also have some trepidation, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, as once I jump over that cliff, there's no going back.

For advice with the 5 of Cups, I was drawn to the spilt liquid from the cups. They are both different colours, indicating that whatever is broken has different aspects, which to me represents three separate people. I see the advice as recognising that we are all different and that there is something to be learnt from the differences which lead to an ending.

The Emperor is telling me to get a grip, be strong and realistic and focus on the future, rather than wallowing in emotions. (This comes from the recognition that the river in the 5 of Cups, representing emotions, is wide and free flowing, whereas the river running behind The Emperor is a trickle). In other words, don't let emotions dictate my future plans and goals.

Death for the card at the bottom of the pack reiterates the concept of a new beginning - you can't have a new beginning without something dying.

I'm quite happy with this reading. The advice makes sense, as does the bottom card, which ties in with The Fool.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 am

How I'm feeling: Page of Pentacles

Advice: 9 of Wands + Justice

Bottom card: Ace of Pentacles

I'm actually feeling really, really frustrated and annoyed with the constant delays trying to sell my house. I'm unable to start anything I want because of the delays.

Advice: The 9 of Wands I see as a stress card and Justice, on this occasion, as the legal field. These two cards are advising me to chill and not get so stressed about the legal process, which takes time. It is actually the legal side which is holding up the sale. I need to just calm down and stop being so impatient.

The Ace of Pentacles is very fitting as the card on the bottom as it represents the deposit being released, which is what I need to enable the Page of Pentacles to get going. It's what I'm waiting on and what is causing me enormous stress, due to the hold-ups.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 7:57 am

I hadn't done one of these for a while, so thought I'd do a reading as I've been feeling very *blah* and miserable lately.

Wheel of the Year Tarot by Maria Caratti & Antonella Platano

The 3 of Swords is exactly how I've been feeling today. Advice of accepting the loss and pain, walking away and setting my sights of better things (just me and my pooch I noticed in the 3 of Wands) is definitely on point.
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 2:48 pm

How am I feeling?

8 of pentacles.

That is so how I feel today. I am only just beginning with my tarot journey and I do strongly feel that the tarot is going is the right thing for me to explore.
Advice:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5 of cups

I am aware of my shortcomings/struggles in my tarot journey . My insecurity of seeing the cards in front of me and being unable to put it in words so that it makes sense. But I can't keep doing this to myself so instead of wanting to jump ahead, baby steps are needed. I will get there.

8 of swords

It is very scary for me to write personal things about myself on a forum, always with the fear of being judged or misunderstood while the words I write make sense to me. There again, if it makes sense to me what does it matter if others don't make sense of it? Is it really that bad if I only use the tarot for myself and not read to others? Maybe for now this is enough.

P.S: I am unable to upload a picture from my laptop. No idea what the issue is, I am not getting an error.
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 8:14 am

Light Seer Tarot

How am I feeling?

I am still learning to set boundaries. In the past I was always there for others and forgot myself. Especially in relationships and close friendships. Even when I was struggling with my health. I have lost many friends when I started to set boundaries realizing they were not friends. I am getting better at protecting myself and looking after myself. Sometimes when I look back I feel sad of the ones I lost but also glad I made the step towards healing and finding myself again.

Advice:

Knight of cups

I will be challenging if I ever do meet someone again to keep things light and just have fun as most of my relationships have been intense.

6 of wands

Yeah, I did it. I packed up and moved away to somewhere where I don't know anyone. I need(ed) to heal and find myself again. I just need to remember that I am worthy too and have the right to choose me over anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:08 am

How am I feeling?

Seven of Wands

I feel things are against me but they are not. I am fighting myself more then anything

Advice:

Seven of swords

I have not been honest with myself. Lying chews up your soul. I understand we lie to protect ourselves and that just sucks. Darkness can only be defeated by light and although dark is how I feel right now, I am always capable of turning on the light back again, but this time with an honest look instead of bypassing.

Ace of swords

New beginnings. A way back to the light. All will be well
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:14 am

Heaven & Earth Tarot by Jack Sephiroth and Jaymi Elford

Oooooh, I'm absolutely loving this new deck, with a capital "L". I might do a review on it in the coming week.

I've been feeling very emotional all day today - listening to Bryan Adams love songs over and over, wishing my husband was still here. Advice is to stay strong and not get too caught up in fantasy. I need to stay grounded in reality and stop looking back at the past.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:43 am

That is indeed a lovely deck! One that will be on my future wish list for sure. I am sorry for your loss, it is not easy to lose a loved one.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 10:06 am

Thanks for your kind words, Phoenix. I'm very much a Queen of Cups woman, the downside being I can drown in emotions and become very moody and depressed. I know it won't last though. As they say, "tomorrow is another day".

Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:45 am

How am I feeling?

I am feeling energized today.I should meditate more but it does not come natural to me. I will do a reading on it today.

Advice:

The Hierophant:

Find a teacher? Or find a way that works for me to get back into meditation and more focus.

Nine of pentacles:

Maybe I am trying to hard and need to learn to let things go a little.

“I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing"
― T.S. Eliot
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 7:11 am

Crikey, how do you know all these quotes? You must be very well read! Very inspiring.
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 8:12 am

LOL.. I have a lot of notebooks with quotes. I don't know what it is with quotes but some make me cry or laugh out loud loud. Quotes from books or movies. How can I describe best? When I come across a quote that is meant for me in anyway magic happens and my body tingles and my skin prickles. When a quote 'comes by' it's like: "Here we go again". My breath stops and the world stops for a moment. Divine intervention?
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 10:47 am

How am I feeling today?

Six of wands

My first thought of this card is: What are you all looking at. Don't you have something better to do? I don't like being in the center of attention. But when I look closer at the group, they are very welcoming and glad to see me. On the other hand, I have come a long long way to get where I am now and I can be proud of myself but to say that in public, nah, that is not my thing. I was born a warrior and will always be a warrior. You just have to do what it takes to survive and get on with things. There is a certain grace to be proud of yourself. Something I find difficult.

Advice:

I need to connect more with my feminine side. Be more gracious. The High Priestess is a card of wisdom and internal knowing.

The Queen of wands:

There she is again. That sassy fiery Queen.I am that Queen. I can love someone to death and the next minute hit them over the head with a frying pan. Settle down my queen. Being fiery is good but the frying pan? Remember where that fire comes from. There is no need to light the house on fire

Llewellyn Classic Mini

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 11:33 am

Hahahaha! I do enjoy reading your interpretations Phoenix!

Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:55 am

Wild Wood tarot by Mark Ryan and John Matthews. Illustrations by Will Worthington

How I'm feeling?

I am feeling sensitive to a matter in my life

Advice:

Four of Stones.. Protection

It is my responsibility to protect myself better for those who feel they are better than others.
This in the end will be more rewarding then going into battle full force.

Seven of Vessels... Mourning

Yeah, it sucks to get hurt but I need to remind myself in this case that the other party is also hurt. And lashing out is all she has left. But I am nobody's punching ball anymore.

Punching your companions is unhelpful. Go into the forest and practice unarmed combat against a tree.”
― Jeff Mach, There and NEVER, EVER BACK AGAIN: A Dark Lord's Diary
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 8:12 am

What an interesting quote! I am amazed at all your insightful quotes that you're using.
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 8:56 am

How am I feeling today?

Wildwood Tarot by Mark Ryan and John Matthews. Illustrations by Will Worthington

3. The Green Woman

I feel alive today. The sun is shining. I feel energized! It is a time of initiation. Self initiation. Choosing my path, or the path chose me. A time of appreciation and learning. Becoming more aware and contributing in the best way I know how to cherish the planet.

Advice:

This dude scares me.You can't lie to him. His wisdom is ancient and he masters all the elements. Again it is time to learn more and gain knowledge. Focus meditate and applying wisdom.

Three of Vessels.. Joy

Finding a community to share things.. Oh! Wait! I have that right here on the forums..

“Tell your story.
Shout it. Write it.
Whisper it if you have to.
But tell it.
Some won't understand it.
Some will outright reject it.
But many will
thank you for it.
And then the most
magical thing will happen.
One by one, voices will start
whispering, 'Me, too.'
And your tribe will gather.
And you will never
feel alone again.”
― L.R. Knost
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 7:42 am

How am I feeling this morning?
Light Seer Tarot by Chris-Anne

Two of swords(again)

I know, I know.. enough already. I am on it!

5 of pentacles

I am not responsible for someone else's pain and I am tired of hearing what I am doing wrong Miss Perfect. Beat it.

5 of swords

I am getting out of this situation ,but not with a bang, but quietly, after I have stood my ground. This is not the time for a clash that leaves me shattered.
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:35 am

How am I feeling?

Knight of swords

Another reminder that things are being shaken up. Not only emotionally but I am also at a crossroads. I feel like take the motorcycle and riding into the sunset without a care. Few problems there thought: I can't ride and secondly you can't avoid life. So deal with it.

Ace of wands

It is a wand day it seems. Most cards are wands today. It seems life is getting to me from every angle. This is a sign from the Universe to stand my ground, not panic. It is a new start to tackle things differently. Breathe woman, you got this.

4.The Emperor

Time to Be The Emperor. It does me no good to wallow in emotions. Keeping my head together is key here.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:51 pm

Celtic Tarot by Kristoffer Hughes & Chris Down

I feel that I'm suffering emotionally through my previous actions. The advice is to stop dwelling on my feelings of guilt and look for things that can bring emotional happiness, rather than ignoring possibilities and potential.

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 am

The Light Seers Tarot (there's no author on the deck so I have no clue)

I'm feeling torn between staying close to family as opposed to going further afield.

I need to let go of my expectations as far as family are concerned and let go of any fear of going further afield because it's an unknown.

Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:24 pm

This the Light Seer Tarot by Chris-Anne
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:42 pm

How am I feeling?

Knight of wands(reversed)

Wow what an intensity in this card today. Proceed with caution dear. Breath and protect yourself.
No wonder I am tired..

2 of cups(again).. I have a feeling I am going to see this card a lot in the next few weeks. Whoever comes in my life, new/old/rich/handsome.. The answer is no, no and again no. Not ready. Not going to happen. Did I say no already?

4 of swords

Can I go to bed now?
Back to top Go down

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 2:19 pm

How am I feeling?

8 of wands(shadow card)

I feel like the 8 wands poking at me and with every poke I feel a different emotion. It is downright unsettling.

5 of cups

All I can do is grieve and let it pass.

Knight of wands

*sighs*

“Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”
― Steve Maraboli
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Reading   Advice Reading Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice Reading
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next