Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Recommendations for Tarot Decks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

Recommendations for Tarot Decks Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 pm

I would love to treat myself to a new Tarot deck - I haven't bought one in ages.

Has anyone got any recommendations for releases in 2020?

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 8:34 am

LightSeer's Tarot, it's beautiful, reads like a dream and the guidebook is amazing. It's the only tarot deck I've bought this year.

Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am

Nah, the LightSeers Tarot isn't my cup of tea, illustration wise. I was looking at the Pagan Otherworld Tarot which I'm umming and aaaahhing about. It's really expensive though, around 58 quid, which equates to a bit over AUD $100. I do fancy it though.

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 am

Yeah Pagan Otherworlds is beautiful, but pricey.
I'm dithering over Primordial Tarot, it's on my wishlist but there seems to be something making me hesitant to commit.
I'll be switching out my summery decks soon for my more autumn/winter themed ones so I probably don't need another deck just yet Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 9:22 am

Primordial Tarot is an interesting deck. Not something I think I'd actually use but it would be nice for the collection. Very Happy

Interesting that you use summery/autumn/winter decks. I hadn't really thought of doing that. What are a couple of examples of the summer versus winter decks?

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 9:45 am

Spring/Summer - LightSeer's Very Happy , Joie de Vivre, Robin Wood.

Autumn/Winter - Haunted House, Dark Grimoire, Ludy Lescot, Raven's Prophecy.

And of course I have my all rounders.

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 am

Makes sense. Actually, I guess I'm sort of subconsciously the same, as I tend to use decks like Haunted House and Dark Grimoire in winter. I hadn't really thought of it though!

55Degrees and Goldustwoman like this post

Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:34 pm

I always hesitate to get Pagan Other Worlds because it's a pip deck ( I am not good with pip). I got their Oracle SUPRA, and the imagery doesn't do much for me at all. The guidebook is so vague, and it was expensive! I hardly get anything form it for being a Jung inspired deck.  With that specific company, Its more like owning a piece of art for collection purposes.

I recently purchased  Morgan Greer tarot. Its old, but I cant believe I slept on it for all these years,  Its so beautiful and colorful, hands down my favorite top 5 decks to use.  

I haven't bought anything recently. Nothing in mass market that has caught my eye.  I may wait to see what 2021 has in store because 2020 is trash lol!

55Degrees, Goldustwoman and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 pm

I'm really disappointed with 2020'S offerings.
I'm even getting rid of a couple of decks that I'm so over now. Got caught up in the hype and IG photos and now I'm like Meh!!!! we're finished. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 9:57 pm

Foxlikestoplay wrote:
I always hesitate to get Pagan Other Worlds because it's a pip deck ( I am not good with pip). I got their Oracle SUPRA, and the imagery doesn't do much for me at all. The guidebook is so vague, and it was expensive! I hardly get anything form it for being a Jung inspired deck.  With that specific company, Its more like owning a piece of art for collection purposes.

I recently purchased  Morgan Greer tarot. Its old, but I cant believe I slept on it for all these years,  Its so beautiful and colorful, hands down my favorite top 5 decks to use.  

I haven't bought anything recently. Nothing in mass market that has caught my eye.  I may wait to see what 2021 has in store because 2020 is trash lol!

That's interesting - I didn't even know they put out an oracle deck. I'm not worried about the pips. More than likely it would be a collection deck but I did like the artwork. It's the only deck I've seen that I'm interested in this year (so far). BUT, it's really expensive and realistically, I can't spend that much on a deck at the moment.

Hahahaha, Morgan Greer Tarot. Yep. I've got one too. I haven't used it in a while. Should get it out and give it a run. Smile

55Degrees likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm

55Degrees wrote:
I'm even getting rid of a couple of decks that I'm so over now. Got caught up in the hype and IG photos and now I'm like Meh!!!! we're finished. Laughing

I couldn't believe how little there is out there in terms of new decks this year! I wondered if COVID had anything to do with it. Hopefully next year will be a bit more inspiring!
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Pandora wrote:
55Degrees wrote:

I couldn't believe how little there is out there in terms of new decks this year! I wondered if COVID had anything to do with it. Hopefully next year will be a bit more inspiring!
I don't think Covid had a lot to do with it. The 2020 Lo Scarabeo catalogue was out in November 2019.
I think it's just been a poor year.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

I've decided I'm re-homing my copy of Ostara Tarot.
I've tried so hard to love it, but I honestly get zilch from it.
The artwork is beautiful, yet it's silent for me. Every time I use it (or try to) I'm left just looking at the cards and hear crickets.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Tarot Decks   Recommendations for Tarot Decks Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Tarot Decks
Page 1 of 1