Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Wizards Tarot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

Wizards Tarot  Empty
PostSubject: Wizards Tarot    Wizards Tarot  EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:04 am

Wizards Tarot is designed by Barbara Moore and illustrated by Mieke Janssens.

Published by Llewellyn, printed in China.

This is a lovely, easy to use deck, with vibrant, thought provoking illustrations which are based upon the classic Rider Waite Tarot.

What I like about this deck:

The cards are beautifully illustrated with enough to inspire intuition, whilst remaining mostly true to the Rider Waite Tarot but without becoming too fussy and cluttered.

It is a fun deck, without being a deck which is too "fluffy" by only focusing on the positive "unicorns and rainbows" mentality.

There are no borders on the cards.

The book which comes with the deck is generous, with a full page illustration of each card, a solid reference for reading the cards if you are a beginner, as well as useful and practical spreads, starting with 3 card spreads and advancing to the Celtic Cross and some tailor designed spreads specific to the deck.

There is a page to describe each card, which for a beginner, is just enough information without becoming overwhelmed. It stays primarily true to Tarot and doesn't use sometimes difficult disciplines such as the Kabbalah and astrology, which can be confusing when first learning the cards. There is some reference to numerology but it isn't too much to digest.

There is a reference to "advice" for each card.

Short, concise keywords, including reversals.

The print is large enough that I don't have to strain to read it (an issue with someone of more mature years, shall we say).

It doesn't shy away from difficult card depictions, such as the Tower, 10 of Swords, etc.

The cards are very easy to shuffle. The stock looks and feels to be good quality, without being too thick. The cards are the same size as the Rider Waite cards.

The cards come in a solid box, with a ribbon for easy removal of the cards, so they don't get stuck in the box, with good quality magnet closure.

What I don't like about this deck:

I dislike the book card descriptions being split into numbers, then court cards. For example, all the Aces explained, then the twos, etc.

It may be a little too focused on beginners. There may not be enough scope for experienced readers, if you want a deck which is meatier and more thought provoking, as far as the text is concerned.

Price:

$29.99 US
$65.00 AUD

Conclusion:

A lovely beginner's deck, aimed at those who revel in Harry Potter, witchcraft, and the like that is easy to read. Although a beginner's deck, for more experienced readers, it is still a good deck to have in any collection, with enough scope to use your intuition without being too tightly locked into Rider Waite methodology.

Star Rating:

I give it a 5 star rating.
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

If anyone is considering purchasing this deck and want to see a particular card in the deck before committing to purchase, let me know and I'll post a pic.

Wizards Tarot  S00c15Pm

Wizards Tarot  S3tk1X4h

Wizards Tarot  5Thcjtdl

Wizards Tarot  SoYbyUWh

Wizards Tarot  YcA8mWbl

Wizards Tarot  Xl297USm

Foxlikestoplay and Goldustwoman like this post

Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

Wizards Tarot  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizards Tarot    Wizards Tarot  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:06 am

Oh nice. I like the illustrations. Looks very user friendly and the illustrations appear like that have a lot of game play to offer

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

Wizards Tarot  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizards Tarot    Wizards Tarot  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:06 am

[quote="Foxlikestoplay"]Oh nice. I like the illustrations. Looks very user friendly and the illustrations appear like they have a lot to offer for game play.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Wizards Tarot  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizards Tarot    Wizards Tarot  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:29 am

Absolutely. Yeah, it's a nice deck. Barbara Moore's got her fingers in just about every Tarot pie there is but it's good to see the quality is still there.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wizards Tarot  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizards Tarot    Wizards Tarot  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wizards Tarot
Page 1 of 1