Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Tarot Enthousiast

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been fascinated by tarot for many many years but it wasn't until recently that it began to make sense to me. So, bought a few decks after weeks of Youtube flip through decks and some books to study.

I look forward in learning more and discussing things with experienced readers.

As for decks I have:

The Wildwood tarot
Light Seer's tarot
Llewellyn classic tarot

Books I have bought:

Kitchen Table Tarot/Elemental Tarot by Melissa Cynova
The big book of tarot by Joan Bunning
Modern tarot by Michelle Tea

Am also a big fan of Kelly Ann Maddox her you tube channel.

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi Phoenix.
Nice to have you here.
Things have been a touch quiet here recently, but we are a relatively new forum and hoping to grow once word gets out that we're here.
We have a laid back approach to tarot and try to make learning fun, using 'games', challenges and exchanges as our main learning tool.
We welcome links to resources and YouTube channels, tarot deck and book reviews and believe in sharing knowledge and insight.
Every member can make their own personal Daily Draw thread and post their insights.
We do have a study area where we study the individual cards and also a spread study for the infamous Celtic Cross.
Please feel free to join in anywhere you wish.
See you around the boards.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:14 pm

Hi 55Degrees,

Thanks for replying. I did notice it was quiet but we all have our day to day lives to tend to. I have not done the Celtic Cross yet. Been sticking to three/5 card readings using THe Wildwood deck and the Light Seer. I do read a lot on Tarot and bought a book with structured lessons but never been good with that. I guess I will find my own study routine as time goes by.
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 4:29 pm

I find study best when I feel drawn to a certain area to study. Tarot is like going down the rabbit hole, you get lost in new directions, and if you find a particular area confusing or not resonating, you can head off on another tangent.
It's a life long learning experience.

P.s I love the LightSeer's Tarot,  it's so vibrant and has a great energy to it.

Back to top Go down

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Can you explain studying to a certain area? I agree that there is so much info and everyone has a different view of things. There are two books I really connect to and those are Kitchen Table/Element Tarot by Melissa Cynova. The Light Seer has a little booklet with it but it is a tad too limited for me. What I have found out in my tarot journey is that I can only use it from a healing point of view. Also, when I draw cards and they don't make sense, I reverse them, or if reversed I turn them in a normal position to get more clarity. With the Wildwood I don't reverse them. I don't feel the deck was designed that way. My ritual now has become a daily practice whereby I ask the cards, I draw three cards in the morning, asking what I should be aware of today. Or when I am have a bleh day, I ask the cards how I am feeling. It is always spot on. I don't try and force myself to memorize the cards either. I write down what I see and feel, then look things up and study the card better. I also have the Everydaywitch Tarot but have not worked with them. Then I have the Llewyllyn Classic Mini, but find them a tad too small. I could not get the normal size. I am still trying to find a bit more structure because I feel I need it in order to stay connected to tarot.
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 5:48 pm

Studying a certain area could be studying the spiritual messages, the 'real world' messages, the astrological associations, esoteric symbolism, numerology or Kabbalah. ....don't panic, you don't need to study any of these to be a good reader.

Kitchen Table Tarot is one of my current favourites. Books are important, they help you grow as a reader and keep you open to new insights /perspectives. Even the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals continue their learning by reading on the subject, so read as much as you can (tarot blogs are great resources, Greylady's Hearth is fabulous). 

The best way to learn though is to read the cards, practice, practice, practice, this is what out monthly tarot challenges are designed for. If you find you're stuck on an interpretation you can post it here with your ideas and ask for input from other members. 

Just remember, it is a life long learning experience, you will never stop finding new meanings for the cards.

Back to top Go down

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Yes, I am reading as much as I can and absorp. I found GreyLady's blog and bookmarked it for reading later:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tarot Enthousiast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot Enthousiast   Tarot Enthousiast Empty

Back to top Go down

Tarot Enthousiast
Page 1 of 1