Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Create your own Tarot pack.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Create your own Tarot pack. Empty
PostSubject: Create your own Tarot pack.   Create your own Tarot pack. EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi Everyone, I thought I would post about this book I bought where you colour in your own Tarot cards. I must admit I am rather enjoying it. The book comes with a full set of cards that you pop out, explanations to the cards and the basic 3 card spread along with the Celtic cross spread. You can purchase them at the works at £5 RRP price is £12.99 bookshop or online I believe?.

The publisher is Arcturus publishing limited ISBN:978-1-83940-255-5
ADD05430UK

55Degrees likes this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Create your own Tarot pack.   Create your own Tarot pack. EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 8:41 pm

I used to be a manager at The Works (awful company to work for).
They do get some decent bargains in tho, I picked up the Cathar Tarot for £6 from there. 
It sounds fun but I'd get analysis paralysis and never get them coloured 😂.
Please post piccies of your coloured in cards, I'd be interested to see what colours you choose.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: Create your own Tarot pack.   Create your own Tarot pack. EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Hi 55 ah that is a shame that the works was awful to work for when you was a manager with them. I agree that you really do get some bargains in there, I was after a couple of books for Christmas and saw them in the shop so I asked my husband to get me them for Christmas at a fraction of the retail cost.

I sure will take some photo's to show you all, I still have a lot to colour in but I thought it will keep me out of mischief lol! .
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Create your own Tarot pack.   Create your own Tarot pack. EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 2:07 am

I've bought a couple of colour your own Tarot books, as well as blank Tarot cards to make your own but I've never really got into them as yet. In one book the cards are designed to "pop" out with perforated edges, so you can make your own Tarot cards. I did such an awful job with The Fool, I haven't been game enough to try another card, hahahahaha! The trick is working out what sort of medium works well on the cheap paper they provide. I used Textas and pencils, yeah, it didn't work out too well.

Create your own Tarot pack. GU2M3Wnm

Create your own Tarot pack. PVydYqKm

The book is actually really good. It gives a brief outline of Tarot, plus meanings of the cards, as well as a couple of spreads - a 3 card spread and the Celtic Cross. I actually recommend this book as a present for someone who is interested in Tarot, especially kids. It would make a fun project for them to make their own deck and also learn the basics about the cards. A lovely winter activity when it's raining, snowing and cold outside with the wind howling! Sitting in front of the fire colouring in. What bliss!

I can't actually find the author of the deck anywhere, only the publisher. How odd.

55Degrees and Goldustwoman like this post

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: Create your own Tarot pack.   Create your own Tarot pack. EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am

Hi Pandora, your Tarot book is the same as Mine only the image on the front of the book is different but the cards are the same. I too am using felt tips pens, pencils and gel pens as you say it is hard to know which sort of medium to use on them. I have some distress oxide inks that I may have a play about with on some of the cards and see how they turn out.

I agree it is a great activity to do especially as the nights have drawn in now and it is colder. I will take some photos on some of the cards that I have finished and post.

55Degrees likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Create your own Tarot pack.   Create your own Tarot pack. Empty

Back to top Go down

Create your own Tarot pack.
Page 1 of 1