Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Ribbon readings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi everyone, So I once knew someone who did ribbon reading as a form of divination, I have been meaning to try this out but need to look into a bit more as I am interested, does anyone else use this form of divination? and happy to share some info?. Thank you x
Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Okay So I have done a bit of research into Ribbon readings so I will post later on some info into this section.
Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi everyone so as promised here is some information on how to do ribbon readings along with where it stemmed from. Ribbon readings is known as a form of Psychometry, psychometry readings are conducted through touch and sensation. This form of divination is thought to have originally come from the travelling folk where they would perform psychometry along with selling their wares and would sell ribbons to the ladies for their hair and clothes making, the pagan community then took up the tradition such as handfasting ( wedding ceremonies ), maypole dancing along with celebrating Beltane where they use ribbons.

In order to understand the ribbons whilst performing a reading you need to first assign the meaning of each different coloured ribbon. You can incorporate the Chakra colours and meanings if you wish, or go for this version posted below.

White links in with spiritual healing, wisdom, light, and purity.
Red links in with abundance of energy, lust, success, vigour, strength.
Orange links in with Emotional strength, connecting in relationships, creativity.
Yellow links in with Travel, adventure, fortune, personal power.
Green links in with Connection to nature, positivity, journey completion.
Light Blue links in with Safety and security, freshness and communication.
Dark blue links in with soulfulness, clarity, and achievement.
Purple links in with Psychic connections, spirituality, and riches.
Pink links in with Love, fun, happiness and friendships.
Brown links in with Down to earth, grounded, practicality and stubborness.
Black links in with Privacy, secretive, absorbing negativity.

When you start out it is best to use an assortment of ribbons such as different textures use 2 of the same colour so for example use a smooth soft pink ribbon and a textured pink ribbon and so on.

So now, how to do a ribbon reading:

First set the atmosphere such as soft background music, lit candles, incense and get the sitter to get comfortable, the sitter should hold onto 4-6 ribbons for some time with their eyes closed, that way they don't just get to drawn in on picking the colours they are attracted too. When reading the ribbons that they have touched feel each one yourself, feel the texture of it, is it rough/smooth? then think of the colour of the ribbons chosen and what does it mean to you, follow the above colours for guidance, whilst you are doing this, pay attention to any small detail that comes to your mind and tell the sitter.

So for example Mary chose a smooth red ribbon, this would indicate love, if the ribbon is textured and rough it may mean there is some trouble in her love life.

You can either make a Ribbon wheel with all the different textured/smooth ribbons tied onto the wheel or you can lay the set of ribbons on the floor or table. It is best to practice as often as you can, so ask friends and family to help you connect and see what you come up with, have fun.

If I find anymore info online I shall post, so keep me updated if you have a bash at it as I would love to hear your experiences.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 8:14 pm

That is so interesting Goldustwoman. I had never heard of ribbon reading. Thank you for sharing!

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 8:22 pm

Pandora wrote:
That is so interesting Goldustwoman. I had never heard of ribbon reading. Thank you for sharing!

Ah you are welcome Pandora, it is something that I have been meaning to try out, but never did any research until now on how to do it, so as I have plenty of ribbon kicking about from my craft stash I am finally going to make myself a ribbon wheel Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 pm

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes. Even better, post a picture of your ribbon wheel! I'd love to see it.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Pandora wrote:
Keep us posted and let us know how it goes. Even better, post a picture of your ribbon wheel! I'd love to see it.

Hi Pandora, I sure will do my dear, I am hoping to make a start on it next week Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 11:35 pm

I've heard of it but didn't know much about it.
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing yoyr ribbon wheel. 
Can we be cheeky and ask you to do some sample readings.....pretty please.

Goldustwoman and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 7:21 pm

55Degrees wrote:
I've heard of it but didn't know much about it.
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing yoyr ribbon wheel. 
Can we be cheeky and ask you to do some sample readings.....pretty please.

Hi 55 yeah of course I don't know how good I will be at it though as it is all new to me lol! , but I could do with some practice. I have bought a wire wheel now I just need to get started on adding some ribbons.

55Degrees likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ribbon readings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ribbon readings   Ribbon readings Empty

Back to top Go down

Ribbon readings
Page 1 of 1