Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Practice Readings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 5:25 am

This thread is in honour of "tealily", who started a similar thread on SF.

It is designed for members to practice readings. It doesn't matter if you're an experienced reader or a beginner, the idea is to practice, practice, practice, in a safe, fun, supportive environment.

You can ask whatever question you wish (within reason) including fun questions, providing the question is not about a third-party (for example, what is so-and-so thinking about me).

It's been drawn to my attention that photos of the cards didn't need to be included in the original thread, as that process tends to slow things down. If a picture of your reading is included however, make sure you put in the name and author of the deck..

Feedback must also be given within 3 days of receiving your reading.

Person A starts by asking a question. (I'll start it off).
Person B reads for person A and then leaves a question for the next player, and so on.

Write "next reading for .... " so we can keep track of who's turn it is, in the event discussion/feedback in the thread makes it difficult to keep track of who's turn it is.

Pandora's question: "how beneficial would it be for me to take my house off the market at this time?"

Last edited by Pandora on Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 7:14 am

Pandora's question: "how beneficial would it be for me to take my house off the market at this time?"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Light Seer Tarot by Chris-Anne and the Everyday Witch Oracle by Deborah Blake

The Lovers:

The lovers teaches us to love ourselves(again) and heal us from wounds of the heart. It helps us move forward again. There are a lot of memories in your house filled with love.

4 of wands:

This tells me it is time for a change in your life. A celebration of something new. I see people who are happy with their new house(s).

Page of pentacles

It is a tough decision to sell your house and a lot of things to consider.

My gut feeling on this reading:

Although you are ready for a new start, a new beginning it is difficult to leave your house with so many loving memories. Selling your house is bittersweet, but you know what would be best for you in the end. And only you can answer that. It is not only a question of how beneficial it would be to sell your house, but also a matter of asking yourself if you are ready. I have added an oracle card.

The oracle card is the water element, and as we know this is all about our emotion and the ebb and flow of them. You are carrying the load of your decision and it could well be that you need a good cleansing to make a decision. Ask the water your question. When our body comes in contact with water things have a way of feeling lighter.

Last edited by Phoenix888 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Phoenix888 wrote:
Pandora's question: "how beneficial would it be for me to take my house off the market at this time?"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Lovers:

The lovers teaches us to love ourselves(again) and heal us from wounds of the heart. It helps us move forward again. There are a lot of memories in your house filled with love.

4 of wands:

This tells me it is time for a change in your life. A celebration of something new. I see people who are happy with their new house(s).

Page of pentacles

It is a tough decision to sell your house and a lot of things to consider.

My gut feeling on this reading:

Although you are ready for a new start, a new beginning it is difficult to leave your house with so many loving memories. Selling your house is bittersweet, but you know what would be best for you in the end. And only you can answer that. It is not only a question of how beneficial it would be to sell your house, but also a matter of asking yourself if you are ready. I have added an oracle card.

The oracle card is the water element, and as we know this is all about our emotion and the ebb and flow of them. You are carrying the load of your decision and it could well be that you need a good cleansing to make a decision. Ask the water your question. When our body comes in contact with water things have a way of feeling lighter.

Feedback for Phoenix

You are correct that a new beginning is difficult with so many loving memories. It definitely is bittersweet. Although I am ready for a new start, I'm not sure that selling at this time is beneficial financially, as it will be very difficult to find a house to buy because there are so few houses on the market. I don't think I will have enough money from the sale of this house to buy something else that I would like because prices have skyrocketed, unless I buy in some God forsaken town in the middle of the desert or something.

Although I planned on selling, after talking to someone today I'm now thinking it may be best to hold off until the market changes with more available houses on the market.

The oracle card was quite amusing because one of the problems I have is that the house is leaking, which makes it difficult to sell. As I'm typing this, the rain is pelting down (as it has been for the past 5 weeks) and water is dripping everywhere. I really need to find a cheap solution to fix the leak, as well as a few other things that need doing.

I'll give it some thought before making a decision. Thanks Phoenix. A very good reading for your first attempt, well done! Very Happy

Don't forget you need to put your question up for the next person. Also a gentle reminder to always credit the deck and author as not everyone who reads the thread will be familiar with the deck.

Back to top Go down

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Thanks Pandora, I totally forgot!

Phoenix's question:

What is blocking me from journaling?
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 3:21 am

Phoenix's question: What is blocking me from journaling?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gregory Scott Tarot, artwork by Davide Corsi

On an unconscious level, you've got this fear that your deepest, heartfelt thoughts and feelings may be uncovered by others. You think that others may blow things out of proportion or not understand, which might lead to uncomfortable discussions or conflict, or even hurt other's feelings, should they read your journaling. You feel that journaling is a very private thing and aren't thrilled about sharing your insights with others.

Next reading for Pandora: What are some activities that I enjoy?

Last edited by Pandora on Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 6:52 am

Feedback for Pandora

Yes, you are spot on there. I do think a journal is very personal and not for others to read. Some thoughts are just not for others, at least not the ones very close to you. Nowadays a lot is shared due to the online community and I have never really been comfortable with that. And it is also true that conversations about spirituality, religion or politics and topics are very sensitive these days. Often enough I have gotten into a conversation about spirituality with someone who said they were interested, but they just want to lash out and call it rubbish. Over the years I stopped talking about it unless with others in the spiritual community, but even there it is sensitive. I have become a bit jaded about it. Here on this forum I am very open about things, something I am normally not with strangers. I still want to journal, so maybe it is time to see if I can do that online in a private blog or something. Thanks Pandora.

I love the deck btw..It is going on my wishlist.

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:19 am

I'm glad it made sense to you.

Yes, I'm quite enjoying Gregory Scott's Tarot, though a few of the cards are a bit of a mystery. I can't quite work out what he was thinking when he designed some of the cards. I suppose I should look at the little white book.

Back to top Go down
tealily

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Been struggling a bit with RWS of late, so here's for practicing:

Reading for Pandora

Q: What are some activities that I enjoy?
* RWS

(as I scroll up the page I can't see any card minimums - which is awesome - so just going to pull 2??)

10 of Pent: HA. This could either be counting money, going over the finances - alternatively there's an impression here of open fields of something yellow like dry grass or bushes, which could indicate gardening.

Ace of Cups rev: I have the luxury of knowing some of your personal history here, but this card is very much about water preservation and minimising water loss - this might be as simple as making sure taps are always turned firmly off (no drips!) to bigger things like having water tanks on-site (so natural rainfall isn't wasted), making sure there aren'y any burst pipes, etc.

Next reading for tealily

Describe a food that's one of my go-to guilty pleasures

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 10:50 pm

tealily wrote:
Been struggling a bit with RWS of late, so here's for practicing:

Reading for Pandora

Q: What are some activities that I enjoy?
* RWS

(as I scroll up the page I can't see any card minimums - which is awesome - so just going to pull 2??)

10 of Pent: HA. This could either be counting money, going over the finances - alternatively there's an impression here of open fields of something yellow like dry grass or bushes, which could indicate gardening.

Ace of Cups rev: I have the luxury of knowing some of your personal history here, but this card is very much about water preservation and minimising water loss - this might be as simple as making sure taps are always turned firmly off (no drips!) to bigger things like having water tanks on-site (so natural rainfall isn't wasted), making sure there aren'y any burst pipes, etc.

Next reading for tealily

Feedback for tealily:

Yes, you can pull as many cards as you want, do whatever spread you want or even use oracle cards if that floats your boat.

It's definitely not counting money or going over finances ... I HATE finances, probably because I'm so bad with them. Yes, gardening!

Oh you are soooooo funny tealily! Ace of Cups rev - It has been raining where I am every single day for over a month. I've got 4 separate leaks in the roof, the gutters are overflowing because they need cleaning out, and the tank filter where the water goes in from the downpipe is full of leaves, so when it rains heavily (every day) a lot of water is lost because it hits the leaves and then shoots out all over the grass. I have to say though, trying to get leaves out of the gutters, etc, isn't an activity I like!

Next reading for tealily
Describe a food that's one of my go-to guilty pleasures[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 10:57 pm

Next reading for tealily

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gregory Scott Tarot, artwork by Davide Corsi

First thing that popped into my head was trifle. Second thing ice-cream or maybe sorbet.

Next reading for Pandora: What is one of my favourite foods?
Back to top Go down
tealily

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 am

@Pandora - LOL, so that's what all the overflowing water was getting at... haha. I should have phrased it as "you seem to be on a one-woman mission to get in control of water".

Feedback for Pandora

I'm a sucker for creamy things (mascarpone, cream horns, chocolate mousse, chantilly cream... apple pie with whipped cream on top, scones with jam and cream, chocolate eclairs with chantilly cream on the inside, I can keep going...), but am now pretty sedentary + am lactose intolerant, so  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Adulting and eating responsibly is sad.

I'm also a sucker for fine dining - not that I do much of it anymore, but when I was in my early 20s and in a really sheltered financial part of my life, enjoyed the occasional gastronomical experience with friends! <3 (which I can sort of see in the King of Cups on that fancy throne, + 10 of Cups which can represent friends/family/community etc)

Next reading for Pandora: What is one of my favourite foods?

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
tealily

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 9:56 am

ah so weird! For ages I'd thought I'd put a question here and was waiting for someone else to reply - glad I checked today Smile

@Pandora

Sun rev, Strength rev, 5 of Wands

The impressions I get here is that it's not cooked too much (or on lower heat), not too tough (so not a well-done steak), and might be a bit spicy - or have an interesting mix of flavours/textures that's right on the brink of competing with each other (but hopefully in the best way!).

Next reading for tealily

My mother drove me up the wall today; is this a reminder from the universe that I need to get financially independent asap so I can move out, or is this just her having a bad day and projecting all of that out on me?

(it was one of those ridiculous conversations where she was accusing me of obsessing over something - I was recently bitten by her dog so I got a second wound review today; apparently I'm also not doing anything to make myself self-sufficient despite her also acknowledging she knows I'm studying + remembers a previous conversation we had about me looking to return to work around June)
Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 2:03 am

Hey teailiy! I love you

EDIT: I think i gave you a whole ass reading. Was this one card? facepalm. Sorry for  breaking the rules. Dont give me a full reading who ever is next.. lmao

Quote :
Next reading for tealily

My mother drove me up the wall today; is this a reminder from the universe that I need to get financially independent asap so I can move out, or is this just her having a bad day and projecting all of that out on me?

What I got from the reading.

The Lovers- The Magician - Ten of Coins
Bone Fire tarot.

Short answer-- Yes, the first line. Overall, I am getting tough love vibes here from mom. She sees a lot of potential in you. She knows your talented, smart, skilled and capable of doing really well and prospering on your own.  As far as how she feels, she feels hurt ( three of swords) sorry had to pull a card to understand more. I get her in a sense. From my personal experience, I think older women (dare I say cultured ethnic women like mine) live through our kids in hopes  they are better versions of us. In hopes that they take advantage of opportunities that our crazy strict ass parents wouldn't let us do.

Anyways, sorry if I am going out bounds here.... In short, some projection there, but i think its deeper and rooted and honestly, she wants you to do well and has invested in that idea/dream too ( ten of coins).  perhaps, I am inadvertently reading the cards through my personal experiences with my daughter too ( Phew, drama).  Mother and daughter relationships are a  whole generational healing of their own. My best wishes lol

Question for Foxy lady  cat :

Business advice for the month of May! Hey!
Back to top Go down
tealily

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 9:52 am

Feedback for Fox

Thanks for your reading!

I had a chat to my dad about it today (NB: parents are divorced). His take was that irrespective of anything she's said earlier, that mum would probably like to see tangible proof of some kind of ability to earn income (eg seeing me work part-time, even if it delays my study). The very diplomatic sub-text was that she's a s*** communicator Smile

More importantly, he offered a solution: He's got a spare room in his house, so I can start remote work part-time there (there have been a few digital jobs I've had to turn down during lockdown, because of noise issues where I currently live... ironically, largely due to my mother refusing to close doors/lower her voice during video meetings when requested). I'm hoping this will help "prove" to her I'm doing something, and even if not, because she's also working from home full-time at the moment, it'll give her a few days to have the house to herself which is might want/need but might not be able to communicate in any kind of productive or diplomatic way.

My usual backup career not an option right now as I think it'll take at least another 4-8 weeks for the bite injuries on my fingers to heal :/ (was breaking up a super aggro dog bite; one of mum's dogs has known aggression issues and irrationally goes after the other super-sweet doggo, who I consider a defacto therapy dog)

Failing all that I crunched the math today and calculated I can move out within the next 6 weeks if needed, and self-fund a part-time work/part-time study situation! Smile

-----------
@ Foxy (what's your preferred nickname on this forum?)

* steampunk tarot

4 of Pentacles rev
Temperance rev
2 of Cups rev

When I look at these cards together I get the sense of irritation and frustration - all put together it kind of looks like there may be some unwanted expenses you need to deal with this month (eg maybe certain subscriptions you use are going up in price, or you need a new one, or you get billed for a service you forgot you were still subscribed to etc). It also looks like you might get frustrated with a particular service or platform and break off with it in order to find something that serves you better.

Viewed pro-actively, May is probably a good time to seriously evaluate how your business is running (particularly where it comes to expenses) and make calls on what's worth it, and what isn't. Do what you need to do so June is a smoother, less frustrating month Smile

------

Next reading for tealily

General outlook for May please

- My cards have flagged something is about to get a whole lot better; I don't know if this is just getting out of the house a bit more (eg seeing my dad) or whether new job opportunities start to show up in May etc. Though they're also showing a lot of change, so maybe I need to prepare myself for another house move... eep!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Practice Readings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Readings    Practice Readings  Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice Readings
Page 1 of 1