Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Reversed cards

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Reversed cards Empty
PostSubject: Reversed cards   Reversed cards EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 8:24 pm

I am thinking about starting with reversed cards. I want to use them to meditate and see a reversed card as a blocked energy.

Do you use reversed? And if you don't why not?
Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Reversed cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversed cards   Reversed cards EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Hi Phoenix, Personally myself I don't use reversed cards in a reading if they jump out in a reading I put them upright but make a mental note that their is a blockage within the reading, I suppose I just feel more comfortable in my method mentioned  Smile .
Back to top Go down

Reversed cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversed cards   Reversed cards EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 pm

I really like that interpretation Goldust. In the books I have I read that it is a blockage in the querent, and not the reading itself. Or it is in both? The reading and the querent?
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Reversed cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversed cards   Reversed cards EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 6:19 pm

I used to use reversals. I don't any more because I don't like to see the cards reversed, especially when the cards aren't the standard Rider Waite cards. It annoys me to see beautiful, meaningful pictures upside down. I found once I started to become more intuitive with the cards, that the upside down pictures somehow interfered with the process and I found it more difficult to read intuitively by looking at the pictures.

I now don't find it necessary to read reversals though I do sometimes use them just to keep in practice and to make sure I'm still happy not using reversals. I find the surrounding cards and the question help to determine the meaning of the cards. I see the cards as having a "scale" of meaning. Each card has positive and negative meanings and it's not necessary for them to appear reversed for those positive or more negative meanings to be present.

When I did use them, I used them to indicate a number of situations. Just about every author has a different take on the meanings for reversals. If you want to start to learn to use them, I suggest you just pick a couple of meanings for reversed cards, so you don't get overwhelmed. Generally, reversed cards indicate that you need to be more attentive, that the energy of the card isn't quite right. For example, the energy may be blocked in some way (which doesn't necessarily mean the energy isn't going to be present in the future), or it could mean the querent is resisting the energy of the card.

The Ace of Wands reversed for example, could indicate that a project that the querent is trying to start is stalled due to someone else's input. The 8 of Cups reversed could indicate the querent is resisting leaving something that is no longer useful to them.

So the energy that is blocked or resisted could be to do with the actual situation (external influences) or the querent.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Reversed cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversed cards   Reversed cards EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 6:52 pm

Thanks for the explanation Pandora. That makes a lot of sense. I sometimes try reversal but I don't really like it. I have found though that if a card makes no sense to me I reverse it.
Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

Reversed cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversed cards   Reversed cards EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:54 pm

Hi Phoenix, I am so sorry I somehow missed this thread scratch I like how Pandora has explained in how the energy and the need to be attentive when a reversed card/s comes out in a spread.

I have never thought about the method you have mentioned that if a card doesn't make sense, then to reverse it. I will keep a mental note on that one, so thank you for sharing that tip Smile .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reversed cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reversed cards   Reversed cards Empty

Back to top Go down

Reversed cards
Page 1 of 1