Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Introduce Yourself.

Go down 
+2
Goldustwoman
55Degrees
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

Introduce Yourself. Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 9:11 am

Come and say hello.
We'd love to know a little bit about you.
Back to top Go down
https://55degreestarot.com
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Hello Folks, I am new here, been a novice tarot reader for a fair few years now flower , 55 you will know me by my other forum user name ( Gemini ). Look forward to navigating my way around and get out my Tarot cards.
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:57 pm

Hopefully you'll enjoy posting on the tarot threads.
I love tarot games to stretch my understanding of the cards.
Reading exchanges are great for practice too.
It's great to have you here.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 10:34 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome 55, I look forward to getting out my different decks of tarot cards and joining in, I could do with the practice as it has been a while Smile .
Back to top Go down
RebelRose
Trustee
RebelRose

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Hey all. New here but not new to tarot.
33 female from Essex UK but have been reading the tarot for several years. Also love working with spirit and healing too. As well as crystals. Lovely to be here and posting!

55Degrees and Goldustwoman like this post

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi Rebel rose
Lovely to have you here.
We're a new forum, only a week old so it may seem quiet at the moment, but we're gathering members, so please feel free to start topics and join the discussions.
Nice to have you on board (no pun intended).

Back to top Go down
RebelRose
Trustee
RebelRose

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Happy to post.

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi RebelRose. A warm welcome. Looking forward to your insights. My father was from Colchester. Still have some family there. A beautiful part of the world.

Back to top Go down
RebelRose
Trustee
RebelRose

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Hey Pandora. Lovely to know someone on the same forum with ties to colchester. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Goldustwoman and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello & Welcome RebelRose nice to meet you. What form of healing do you use? Wink

55Degrees likes this post

Back to top Go down
steelewizard
Trustee
steelewizard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 5:29 pm

55Degrees wrote:
Come and say hello.
We'd love to know a little bit about you.

Greetings!
Tarot found me over 40 years ago and we've been bonded ever since.
I'm a professional tarot consultant and have given workshops, taught, and helped promote tarot over the last 30+ years.
As an artist, I have created 2 tarots and an Oracle deck complete with companion books. The tarots were officially released in 2007 (begun in 1999) and 2015 (started in 2013). The oracle (accidentally started in 2014) will be released in March 2021 courtesy of Schiffer-Red Feather publishing.
I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Cheers!

55Degrees, Goldustwoman and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.steelewizard.com
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Welcome Steelewizard. 
Which tarot decks have you created? (we're pretty much avid collectors here 😊).
40 years, wow. That is an amazing journey with tarot.
Everybody here is at different stages of learning, but we believe that making things fun, helps to keep the studies fresh.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
steelewizard
Trustee
steelewizard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 6:47 pm

55Degrees wrote:
Welcome Steelewizard. 
Which tarot decks have you created? (we're pretty much avid collectors here 😊).
40 years, wow. That is an amazing journey with tarot.
Everybody here is at different stages of learning, but we believe that making things fun, helps to keep the studies fresh.

The Steele Wizard Tarot (2007 &2011) has 2 editions in circulation as of now. I just finished rewriting the companion book to include detailed descriptions and guidelines for interpreting the cards, more front matter including spreads, card care, ethics, and a chart for 2 to 4 recurring cards in a spread. For example, 2-4 2s through 2-4 Kings. I'm waiting for the oracle to be released and for my friend, Arwen Lynch, to write the foreword. In this edition, the cards will be borderless.

Next came the Wizard's Pets Tarot-the ABCs. This is a poker-sized deck featuring cartoon characters that I started drawing in 1984. It happened because my (then) 9-year-old granddaughter wanted a tarot deck. As I was mentally cataloging which deck would be appropriate for her to learn, she ambushed me with, "Grama, will you make me one?" Well, before my brain could disengage I heard my voice reply, "Of course, I will, Sweetheart." All the naked characters are dragons as are many of the majors and all of the courts. Each suite is portrayed by fictional characters. It's a fun deck that contains a color-illustrated detailed companion book, a 78-page coloring book, and a magnetic close treasure box. It is everything a beginner needs and the perfect deck for readers to use in non-tarot public places and events. It's based on the RWS as I used that deck to design the Wizard's Pets. Many books are written that use the RWS and can be used with this one to study deeper meanings.

Finally, so far, is the Eternal Seeker Oracle. It began as a promotional poster for the first Northwest Tarot Symposium a.k.a. NeWTS. The working title for that poster was "The Hermit Dude." Since it was featured on everything from programs to tees that year, everyone attending (or following) saw it. The popular question became, "Is this the beginning of your next deck?" My answer was "no" because I was in the home stretch of getting the WP printed. About 18 months after NeWTS, I had my desk cleared and was left unattended. That's when I decided to draw/paint a picture that had been in my head for years. I had switched from traditional oils to digital drawing back in 2010 when arthritis in my hands got really bad. That means the Wizard's Pets and the Eternal Seeker Oracle are digital paintings using photoshop and a drawing tablet.
The Eternal Seeker Oracle was intended to be a tarot. But, I am old and busy so after the first 10 or so of the majors were finished, I launched into creating a 33-card oracle. It will be accompanied by a detailed companion book that will be color illustrated and have guidelines for interpreting both upright and reversed meanings because I do use reversals. The avatar on my profile is the owl out of one of the new cards for the deck titled, "Wisdom." This deck is now in production at Schiffer-Red Feather and is due for release in March 2021. They do have a pre-order page on their website, but it's only in US funds right now.
And that's how I have spent the last 20+ years.
lol!

Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 7:38 pm

That's awesome.  
I've seen the Steele Wizard Tarot, I remember because it's got an expanded major Arcana.
The Wizards Pets tarot rings a bell, (yep, it is on my list for 7 year old grandson).
I love the origins of the forthcoming oracle.
I'm not artistically talented enough to create a tarot deck, mine would look like stick people 😁

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 9:33 pm

Welcome steelewizard! Great to have you here. You've certainly got a lot of experience under your belt! Your decks sound amazing.

As 55Degrees says, we're avid collectors, so looks like we'll have more decks on our shelves! lol!

55Degrees and steelewizard like this post

Back to top Go down
steelewizard
Trustee
steelewizard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 9:50 pm

55Degrees wrote:
That's awesome.  
I've seen the Steele Wizard Tarot, I remember because it's got an expanded major Arcana.
The Wizards Pets tarot rings a bell, (yep, it is on my list for 7 year old grandson).
I love the origins of the forthcoming oracle.
I'm not artistically talented enough to create a tarot deck, mine would look like stick people 😁

Actually, I saw a stick-people tarot. About 8-9 years ago a woman I knew in the UK made one. It was hilarious! I'm not sure what she did with it, but I definitely remember it.
Many deck creators who have awesome ideas partner with an artist to create their decks. They write the book and the artist creates the images. Or vice versa. The Tarot Illuminati (Erik C. Dunne) partnered with Kim Huggens for his first two decks. Now he's partnered with another author for an Oracle he's creating for Lo Scarabeo. If you have an idea, scout around for an artist, one whose work would be compatible, and see if you can't make a deal. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 10:02 pm

Talking about stick figures. I actually bought a deck called "The Transparent Tarot" by Emily Carding. The figures are pretty close to stick figures. Although the art isn't much, the deck itself is quite an interesting concept, whereby you layer the cards over each other to bring depth to a reading.

Introduce Yourself. XujHxSBm

Back to top Go down
steelewizard
Trustee
steelewizard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Pandora wrote:
Talking about stick figures. I actually bought a deck called "The Transparent Tarot" by Emily Carding. The figures are pretty close to stick figures. Although the art isn't much, the deck itself is quite an interesting concept, whereby you layer the cards over each other to bring depth to a reading.

I'd forgotten about Emily's deck! Yes, it's an interesting addition to not just the RWS but others have used different decks.
Thank you for the reminder. Have you seen the Before Tarot, After Tarot? And now there's an In-Between Tarot that's really full of unique perspectives. These images flow between say the Magician and the High Priestess. It was submitted to the CARTA awards this year. It wasn't on my list, but I've seen and read the reviews by the other judges. It's definitely a unique perspective.
Back to top Go down
55Degrees
Admin
55Degrees

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 11:49 pm

I love the idea of Before, After and In-Between decks, they would make for an interesting study if they were all lined up.

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:29 am

steelewizard wrote:
Pandora wrote:

I'd forgotten about Emily's deck! Yes, it's an interesting addition to not just the RWS but others have used different decks.
Thank you for the reminder. Have you seen the Before Tarot, After Tarot? And now there's an In-Between Tarot that's really full of unique perspectives. These images flow between say the Magician and the High Priestess. It was submitted to the CARTA awards this year. It wasn't on my list, but I've seen and read the reviews by the other judges. It's definitely a unique perspective.

Yes, I've got both Before and After Tarot. I haven't seen the In-Between Tarot but am going to google it. I've also got the Tarot of the New Vision, which gives an interesting perspective. Similar to Vice Versa Tarot, which I've also got, except Vice Versa Tarot has the "normal" image of a card, with the "reverse" or back view on the back of the same card. I found it a bit difficult to work out how to shuffle, so that the backs also appeared in a reading (similar to doing reversals). I really like the artwork on Vice Versa Tarot. I'm not sure if it's digital artwork or not. I haven't found anywhere that actually says either way in the manual, other than the artwork is by a gentleman by the name of David Corsi (I'm not usually in favour of digital artwork decks).

It's fascinating to put the same cards from the different decks to see how they evolve or compare. The Before and After Tarot are very easy to read with. I haven't done much work with the Tarot of the New Vision, I should keep it out and use it more.

Introduce Yourself. FEUKHaVh

Before Tarot - Corrine Kenner, Rider Waite Tarot, Tarot of the New Vision - Pietro Alligo, After Tarot - Corrine Kenner

Back to top Go down
steelewizard
Trustee
steelewizard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Pandora wrote:
steelewizard wrote:
Pandora wrote:

Yes, I've got both Before and After Tarot. I haven't seen the In-Between Tarot but am going to google it. I've also got the Tarot of the New Vision, which gives an interesting perspective. Similar to Vice Versa Tarot, which I've also got, except Vice Versa Tarot has the "normal" image of a card, with the "reverse" or back view on the back of the same card. I found it a bit difficult to work out how to shuffle, so that the backs also appeared in a reading (similar to doing reversals). I really like the artwork on Vice Versa Tarot. I'm not sure if it's digital artwork or not. I haven't found anywhere that actually says either way in the manual, other than the artwork is by a gentleman by the name of David Corsi (I'm not usually in favour of digital artwork decks).

It's fascinating to put the same cards from the different decks to see how they evolve or compare. The Before and After Tarot are very easy to read with. I haven't done much work with the Tarot of the New Vision, I should keep it out and use it more.

Before Tarot - Corrine Kenner, Rider Waite Tarot, Tarot of the New Vision - Pietro Alligo, After Tarot - Corrine Kenner

You brought up a hot topic there. Digital art has been discussed, argued, vilified, and criticized for the last 20 years. Should we start a discussion on it? I think it would be informative, enlightening, and might even change a few minds one way or the other.

55Degrees, Pandora and steelewizard like this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 4:46 pm

steelewizard wrote:
Pandora wrote:
steelewizard wrote:
Pandora wrote:

You brought up a hot topic there. Digital art has been discussed, argued, vilified, and criticized for the last 20 years. Should we start a discussion on it? I think it would be informative, enlightening, and might even change a few minds one way or the other.

Yes, absolutely. Let's start a new topic on it. I would be fascinated to learn more about digital art.

Back to top Go down
steelewizard
Trustee
steelewizard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 7:09 pm

Pandora, if you would like to start a discussion on traditional versus digital art for divination decks, I'll start looking for links.

55Degrees and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Sounds good, thanks steelewizard.

steelewizard likes this post

Back to top Go down
Foxlikestoplay
Foxlikestoplay

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Welcome aboard new members! Make yourself at home

Introduce Yourself. Ba9fd110

55Degrees, Goldustwoman, Pandora and steelewizard like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself.   Introduce Yourself. Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tarot Overflow :: Welcome to Tarot Overflow. :: Welcome-