Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

Tarot study plan

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tarot study plan Empty
PostSubject: Tarot study plan   Tarot study plan EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Since I have gotten more interested and serious with tarot I bought some books/decks to help me teach. I also found a deck that resonates with me. Every day I do a morning check in reading.

I draw three cards and ask each one:

How is my mind, in this moment?
How is my heart, in this moment?
How is my body, in this moment?

I am still amazed how accurate they always are.

The two books I use for references are by Melissa Cynova and the little booklet that came with the deck.
Also bought Modern Tarot by Michelle Tea and Tarot Interactions but I can't connect to either of those books. Maybe at a later stage. Then there is The Big Book of Tarot. I bought it becomes it because it has lessons.
I am hoping for some advice here. I am wondering how others have started their journey in tarot and what has helped them.

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Tarot study plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot study plan   Tarot study plan EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 9:46 pm

Just about everyone will have a different answer, I think.

When I started, I bought Joan Bunnings tarot book (not the Big Book of Tarot but a much earlier book) and a deck of Rider Waite cards. I found it very challenging to learn using Bunnings book because there was too much to learn.

I muddled my way through by doing simple readings (which I found on the internet, mostly). If I couldn't work out the meaning, or a card didn't make sense, or didn't resonate, I would then google lots of different meanings to try and learn and make sense of the cards. I found that quite useful to learn the basic traditional meanings, as well as what meanings other readers ascribed to cards, and then I started using a journal, putting in the meanings of the cards as I learned them.

I also found internet forums quite good for learning, especially the Spiritual Forum, which is where I came across 55Degrees and a few other very good readers who were helpful in the learning process.

The best way to learn the cards is to practice, practice, practice. Don't overwhelm yourself with too much information and spreads which are too complex. The old adage of "Keep it simple stupid" is probably the best way. Start small and build from there. Once you have a groundwork of the traditional meanings, then you'll find your intuition will kick in and you'll find more meanings that are personal to you. Some readers don't worry about book learning and just read what they see in the cards. Although that method surely works for some, I personally found it important to learn the traditional meanings first, so I had a solid understanding of the cards.

A couple of sites I found good in my early journey are the Daily Tarot Girl and Tarot Avenue. Both sites have free resources to learn the Tarot and they are both down to earth. Be careful not to go onto too many sites to learn initially, or you will just find yourself at loggerheads and overwhelmed. Try one at a time that you feel may resonate with you. David from Tarot Avenue offers a free Introduction to Learning the Tarot which you may find useful. Kate from Daily Tarot Girl offers some free videos as well. It's important to find someone that you feel comfortable with, as far as their style of teaching, readings, etc, and that you gel with their personality.

Above all, learning should be fun! Enjoy the process and don't put too much stress on yourself. Very Happy

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tarot study plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot study plan   Tarot study plan EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 11:48 am

Thanks for replying. I do think that sometimes I am in information overload and trying to hard and wanting to go too fast. Watching you tube video's has helped a lot and there are some very good ones out there. I don't have people to practice with so the readings are for myself. I am using tarot for self-awareness an insights until the times comes I am seeing more people after things are less messy due to the covid. The big book of Tarot is a lot of info but I read a few pages a day and things that resonate with me will stick and the rest can go in the bin. Mainly I stick to 1 or 3 or 4 card readings.
Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

Tarot study plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot study plan   Tarot study plan EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 11:57 am

In the Spiritual Forum, one of the members started a thread called "Tarot practice thread" or something along those lines (I can't remember now, it's been a while!). Anyway, that was a great way for likeminded tarot readers to help improve their reading skills. It was very successful and really helped a lot. The readings could be just about anything, purely for practice, removing any pressure. I wish 55Degrees was on board at the moment, as she would remember it a lot better than I. In any case, I'll start a thread for practice readings which will help us all. I'm in the same boat at the moment, doing readings for myself. It's good to be able to read for yourself but it's beneficial to be able to read for others. I'll see if I can find the original thread from Spiritual Forum to refresh my memory before posting the thread.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tarot study plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot study plan   Tarot study plan EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 7:29 am

I just had a look on Amazon and they sell the kindle version for 3.99 euro. Can't NOT buy it. So did.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tarot study plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarot study plan   Tarot study plan Empty

Back to top Go down

Tarot study plan
Page 1 of 1