Tarot Overflow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarot Overflow

A Friendly Group For Learning Tarot And Oracle Cards.Closed Reading Exchanges. Tarot Challenges.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
❤❤❤Love February Tarot Challenge ❤❤❤ Now Open To Members.

What crystal is this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandora
Pandora

What crystal is this? Empty
PostSubject: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 1:13 pm

I've been attracted to some of my crystals lately. The problem is, I am unable to identify most of them, despite having a crystal book.

This particular crystal is a beautiful pale apricot colour with flecks of rusty brown through it, with a few specks of black.

Does anyone know what it is? I've put in photos which are nice and big so hopefully you can see the detail to help with identification.

What crystal is this? W7yag75h
What crystal is this? 4yqVO59h
What crystal is this? LougMILh
Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi Pandora it looks to me like some form of jasper possibly Mookaite

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 2:03 am

Thanks so much Goldustwoman! Now I can do some research into it. It's such a beautiful crystal.

Goldustwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 2:05 am

Goldustwoman - do you think this is Carnelian?

What crystal is this? C4bE7Rhh
What crystal is this? Zn4oINeh

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi Pandora yes it could be carnelian or red jasper Wink

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Pandora wrote:
Thanks so much Goldustwoman! Now I can do some research into it. It's such a beautiful crystal.

You are welcome Very Happy

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Goldustwoman wrote:
Hi Pandora yes it could be carnelian or red jasper Wink

Thanks Goldustwoman. You certainly have a lot of crystal knowledge! I'll research the difference by pictures and try to work out which one it is. Thanks again for your help!

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 pm

You are welcome me dear I do have a large collection of crystals Laughing but not had them out in a while.

Pandora likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pandora
Pandora

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 11:48 pm

I came up with a plan! Seeing as these crystals are so difficult to work out (the Jasper and Carnelian look so much alike), I thought I'd use my pendulum. It is so hard to compare photos to the real thing. Here are the results:

Jasper:
What crystal is this? PogJUEzl

Carnelian:
What crystal is this? TLK6BO9l

Bloodstone:
What crystal is this? QI3vWfVl

Next will be Howlite v Jade. This is sooooo challenging! I now wish I had paid attention when I bought them.

Back to top Go down
Goldustwoman
Trustee
Goldustwoman

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi Pandora yes it is easy to forget which crystals are which especially if you have not used them in a while, I tend to put Crystals in a bag with the name on it especially the more unusual ones Wink
Back to top Go down
RainbowSparkle
Trustee

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 pm

I always make a photo of a new crystal and store that on my PC. The name is the name of the crystal.
Then I have an Excel file in which I write them down, as well as the price, and a very short description.

By the way, the photo with the 3 red jaspers, I think the bottom one with the point is a carnelian, not a jasper.

Goldustwoman and Pandora like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What crystal is this?   What crystal is this? Empty

Back to top Go down

What crystal is this?
Page 1 of 1